Experienced Michigan Lawyers
Employment Law. Civil Rights. Criminal Defense.
At Pitt McGehee Palmer & Rivers, we seek to provide fairness and justice to workers damaged by the practices of their employers. We also defend people against serious felony charges and help individuals with accident injury claims. Contact our law firm in Royal Oak, Michigan, to learn more.
We focus our practice on the following areas:
- Employment agreements: We help employees negotiate and assist in litigation when disputes arise over non-disclosure and non-compete agreements, executive severance packages, and other employment contracts.
- Family and medical leave act: We assist people who have been denied FMLA benefits or who have experienced retaliation because they used or attempted to use the FMLA.
- Employment discrimination law: We file employment discrimination lawsuits for individuals and groups.
- Gemder discrimination: We assist workers who have been treated differently because of their gender.
- Workforce reductions: We assist victims of workforce reduction discrimination.
- Age discrimination: Older workers are frequent victims of age discrimination.
- Race, national origin and religious discrimination: We help employees discriminated against because of their race, national origin, religion or membership in another type of protected class.
- Disability discrimination: We file suit against employers who fail to provide disabled employees with reasonable accommodation or otherwise discriminate against them.
- Whistleblower and Retaliation: If you have been retaliated against because you exercised your rights or blew the whistle on your employer’s illegal acts, we can help.
- Sexual harassment: If you have been sexually harassed or forced to work in a hostile environment, consult an employment law attorney.
- Wrongful Termination: If you have been terminated from your job for discriminatory reasons, you may be able to file a wrongful discharge claim.
- Wage and hours disputes: If you believe you have been wrongfully denied overtime pay or minimum wage, talk with a wage and hours lawyer.
- Personal injury: We assist people who have been seriously injured by motor vehicle accidents, dangerous property conditions, dog bites, and medical malpractice.
- Criminal defense: We offer vigorous criminal defense to people charged with crimes from misdemeanors to felonies.
- Civil rights: We represent individuals whose civil rights have been violated by governmental officials including police officers.
If you have a sexual harassment claim or any other type of employment discrimination claim, or if you need representation in a personal injury or criminal matter, contact Pitt McGehee Palmer & Rivers, in Royal Oak, Michigan, today.
We also handle employment cases referred from other attorneys.